ebay question

I have a brand new baby girl cardigan sweater that I want to sell on Ebay, its new t/ tags on it, and it is by carters. What should I start the bidding price for it? I will ship it flat rate or which ever way I can find the cheapest. any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• ON Ebay you are really much better off offering a LOT of childrens clothes--by size, brand, etc., Unless it is a designer item, "single" children's items don't sell well, and regardless of how new the item is, will likely not sell for more than HALF the ticket price. The reason being, MANY bargain hunters know that sellers can often get items "new with tags" either free (because it was a gift), or at substantial savings--as in 70% clearance items! So they are very unlikely to buy anything close to the ticket price.

I have been selling on Ebay for almost 10 years. Trust me, Ebay shoppers are VERY savvy! :o)

Oh, and a sweater can be sent in a Tyvek envelope (soft), and for either regular postage or flat rate. You need to WEIGH your item including packing materials in order to calculate the shipping price--an automatic feature when listing.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• It's yard sale time and you aren't likely to sell it and will loose your listing fee. Shipping costs are so high now it has made it harder to buy and sell single item clothes on eBay.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Get the brand name, size, and search on eBay for that item. Go to advance search near the search bar. Once there it will have a place to select completed items. From there you will be able to see how much they are selling for and that will give you a idea of starting price. S/H first class is usually want I do for baby clothes, but that's me.
    Anonymous