What are you doing for Beltane this year?

Just wondering what everyone's plans are. I'm thinking of watching Mists of Avalon the night before (because I love it and it puts me in the mood to work on my path) then doing a small ritual that day. If I can get off work to go, there's a Beltane celebration going on in Charleston, WV on the 1st that I'm hoping to go to if I can afford the trip (it's about 3 or 4 hours from here, but I'm dying to go).

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We're having a "Burnt Offering to the Gods Ritual/BBQ". It's a bring-your-own-meat (or meat substitute) to throw on the grill. The first bite of every portion will be cast into the ritual/cooking flames as a "thank you" to all the god/des(s)!

Also, we have a flagpole in our front yard which will become a May Poll!

And DD and I are doing May Baskets and May Crowns for her friends at daycare (all girls...and what little girl wouldn't want a crown of flowers!).
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Fire! We'll be using our grill though. =(
    But yeah, we'll dance around the fire, and have a May pole too! Also, we'll be releasing butterflies at sunset.
    It's also a time when we create new besoms. We do it each year at that time, to get rid of the old and sweep in the new.
    The kids and I will be making flower crowns to place on the bushes outside, and hubby is cooking up a bunch of food to
    share with others. Ritual will follow at at sundown.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• The pagan group here kinda sucks, so I will be doing a private celebration. I'm pregnant, which is perfect for celebrating Beltane, and hopefully it will be warm enough for hubby to help me out with, ahem, some celebration outdoors ;) I'll probably do a special dinner.

I'm reading Sara Douglass's books right now, they have me in the mood to celebrate Beltane :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Ooh id love some more info on the celebration in Charleston. Were in VA, not too far from there. :)
    fallenangel8508

Answer by fallenangel8508 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I have a few groups that I attend that are hosting Beltane celebrations. If we don't attend I may fire up the grill and do a ritual at home outside at sunset
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I'll be doing something quiet and personal after the family has go off to sleep... a quiet, simple ritual in the back yard involving my fire pit and the beautiful night sky!! The moon will be full the Wed. before & hopeful the sky will be clear ;o) I love being out in the night and I can feel the electricity in the air at night, so that's when I do just about anything I can!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Honestly, I have no clue! I wish there was a Pagan group around here, but there isn't. I have recently joined the Black hat society, but even that is all the way in the city, and I can't imagine the DH would really be happy with me driving all that way... So, I will probably do something alone - as always!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• this is my first pregnancy and a friend's first preg and another friend's second preg...we are all preggy at the same time so I was thinking of having a feast with potluck and bbq :) singing, food and thankfulness with our families and friends so hopefully the weather will behave!
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 9:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2010