Ever been to Davids Bridal?

We went to Davids Bridal to get my wedding dress. I got the dress I wanted and they gave us a REALLY good deal on it (almost 200$ off, paid 500$ for the dress). but when it came time for my Bridesmaids dresses that was a totally different story! My sister could not come with us and does not have one by where she lives, so we had her measurements nad used that to order her dress. When the dress came in it was competely wrong and HUGE! We had to send it back to get it altered and they still didn't do it right. Then another one of my bridesmaids went in for her fitting five days after her baby was born. This girl is a stick so she fit in her size 6 dress perfectly, couldn't even tell she just had a baby. And the sales lady told her she could stand to lose a little bit of weight!! My mom went in there and competely flipped out on them. They ended up doing all of the alterations for free. But I am never going there again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well if you only plan on being married to the man you are marrying now you wont have to go there again
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Davids Bridal is HORRIBLE! Their policy of no returns sucks. I had to try on a dress for my sister's wedding but they didn't have the one she picked in my size so the only way for them to order it was for me to buy it and not be able to return it. So if it didn;t fit I was SOL. They just suck all around. I would never recomend DB to any one. My sister had nothing but problems with them. Her dress was not he dress she ordered and she had a hell of a time to get them to change it to the one she wanted. Then they charged her like $300 for alterations, when at our local bridal store they said those same alterations would have cost her less than $100.
    STAY AWAY FROM DAVIDS BRIDAL!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• We did go there when my bff was getting married, but ended up getting our dresses elsewhere.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Every story that I heard from david's bridal are terrible. Make me not want to go there.
    Anonymous

• David's Bridal really is horrible. Every single person I have talked to has had trouble with them. My co-worker Had her wedding at the end of last year. And She was supposed to get her dress a month before the wedding .... well it got all the up to a week before the wedding and the dress was still NOT ready. The alterations weren't even done .. and all that really needed to be done was two buttons needed to be replaced. It was horrible. She didn't get her dress until the day before the wedding.
    HORRIBLE stories from there....make sure you stay on top of everything they are supposed to do. The more you bother them, the quicker they will want to be done with you - lol.
    and for what she told you friend who just had a baby, if that were me - your mom wouldn't have had to say anything b/c I would have said something first.
    Good Luck and Congrats on your wedding.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 3:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• They were great when we bought my dress however when we went back for the bridesmaids dresses they acted like they really couldn't care less. We ended up getting the bridesmaids dresses from Dillards (we got married right at Prom season so they had a lot of dresses).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2010