Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anywhere else to go besides planned parenthood?

The planned parenthood in my town is horrible. The people are rude, they don't listen and they make you feel like crap. DD is 4mos old and I want to get back on birthcontrol. I don't have insurance and I can't get medicad to cover my midwife (I was going to get an IUD but medicad won't cover me...). Are there any other places to go besides pph? I just really do not want to mess with them. And DH and I are sick of condoms lol

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (9)
  • Probably wont help. I went through blue cross clue shield before my husband joined the Army. I paid for one months insurance of 135 bucks and they covered my IUD in full. Those things are really expensive and I dropped them as soon as it was done because I got tricare. If you have 135 I would get insurance for a month or 2 then drop them when your done........I guess its kinda like cheating but, it cost less then another child.

    Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

  • where do you live?

    Answer by Precious333 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

  • Indiana

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

  • Your local health department should be able to help you with birth control, just call and ask what they can do.

    Answer by preacherskid at 2:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

  • you say you have Medicaid so you can go to the gyno, a lot of gynos will give you their free samples of birth control. i told my gyno i couldn't afford birth control and she gave me six months worth of free samples and told me to come back when i needed more

    Answer by aliishott2 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

  • Sometimes you can call a doctor and advise them of your financial situation. Especially the dr that just delivered your baby. My OBYGN gave me free BC for 18mos when I was in 7th and 8th grade. (NOT for prevention of birth, had irregular periods is all.)

    Answer by matobe at 2:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

  • call your local 2-1-1.. they should be able to help you out with referrals and possibly finding out how to get health insurance. I know that here.. (I thought it was nationwide since its federal assistance through the state but I could be wrong) if you are unmarried and primary caregiver to a child under the age of 18 you still qualify for medicaid. That's how I have insurance!!!

    Answer by kristal2146 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

  • In the could use contraceptive foam and "pull out." I used to use a product called "Conceptrol" which is in a blue box by the condoms. I used it for a few years before it started causing me to have repeated UTIs.

    Answer by happytexasCM at 3:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

  • Groups that handle abuse do so much more than it appears. They have resources and contacts; so don't give up; and usually a more willing ear.

    Answer by GMMOLLY at 6:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.