Was I wrong for insisting he go?

So I have 5 kid, our 5th was just born onthe 6th. My husband bestfriend invited him to a hockey tourn. in a town 2 hours away. They left friday afternoon and will be back sunday afternoon. I TOLD him to go. I can handle the kids fine, and he needs a break from "life"... I could use one too, and I know that in a few months when baby older and breastfeeding is established, I'll get one. He wasn't going to go, but I insisted that he go. Well he calls me today saying he isn't having a great time because everyone is dogging on him for "leaving" his wife with 4 kids and an infant.... I know they went out and had a blast lastnight, but today he is getting alot of "opionons" as to his choices. I feel bad for insisting he go now. He was going to stay home. His bestfriend has even told people that I told him that he was taking dh weather dh wanted it or not. Was I wrong for insisting he go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You weren't wrong if you aren't mad about it. I'd tell him to let the friends who are being jerks to give you a call so you can tell them that you WANTED him to go and have fun, and you fully expect him to give you a break in return in time. Maybe that would shut them up and stop making your husband feel guilty.
    Anonymous

• No, you were not wrong, but it sounds like the people he went with are being jerks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I think his feriends are being childish, nothing you did wrong.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• No that was very great of you. I know plenty of women that wouldnt have been as considerate.
    Tell him to try to shrug their opinions off and have a good time.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• OP here. I told him that it doesn't matter just enjoy the time. I know that the insults are hard because he has some self estem issues and thinks taht he is a "subpar" father. I don't see it that way at all. Sure he has his downfalls, but he is a good dad, and the kids adore him and he is more envolved with their day to day lives then anyone I know. Makes me want to have his friends come and be in his shoes for a day. he works 40 hours a week, comes homes in the evenings and I go to work, he cooks, bathes, feeds and tends to our kids, rarely goes out, and since the baby has been here, he is the one getting up at night, only waking me if the baby needs to be fed, and a few times instead of waking me, he has heated up frozen breastmilk so that I could get the extra sleep. He has litterally been sleeping on the couch for two weeks with the baby near hi. I think he deserves the break more then I do.
    Anonymous

• No. Tell your DH to tell those other people to suck an egg.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Suck an egg, that always makes me giggle. idk why. he he he he
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I would encourage him and count the five blessings surrounding me.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 6:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2010