Online courses

I'm 26, a wife and mother to an 8 MO DS and my DH and I both work full time. I like my job but I don't really feel like surfing a desk the rest of my life. I don't have the time to attend a community college, nor could we manage financially if I left my job. So I'm looking for online courses, preferably for photogrophy or writing. I've decided (rather belatedly, I'll admit) that I would like to get a degree so I can have a career, not just a job.
Any info anyone can give me about decent accredited online schools, and/or scholarship programs, would be much appreciated! I don't know the first thing about how to start searching!

Koukla12905

Asked by Koukla12905 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in

• There is no one right way to plan. If being able to find a job and make good money is a goal, photography or writing are not good choices. You can go to your nearest community college and they will have information about the programs they offer and job outlooks and they may have a career office with info and people to help you. There are career interest tests you can take to help you learn more about what kind of jobs you may like.

For financial aid you fill out something called the FAFSA online as soon as possible. Go ahead and fill it out even if you haven't picked any schools. Online classes can take a lot of time. It will be difficult with a baby and a job.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2010