What do you have against people on food stamps?????

I get food stamps. My Dh was working in the Steel Mills and got laidoff. His unemployment did was not enough for the bills and food so we got food stamps.
We are not leeches but we do need help feeding our children untill he can get back to work.
WHY DO MOST OF YOU ON HERE GET ON AND BASH PEOPLE WHO ARE ON FOOD STAMPS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE REALY MAKE ME SICK.

hisblueeyes

Asked by hisblueeyes at 2:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Oh good this again.
    Anonymous

• It is not the people that really need the help that people are upset with. Its the people that abuse the system-They ruin it for everyone.

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• lol the first post is funny. I dont bash people on food stamps. I have never been on them but have know people that have or are on them. I think its great for that option to be there, If you are struggling there is help. Its just that there are so many lazy people that abuse it. I think thats why some people get upset over it and they dont see people like you who actually need it to survive. I have a sister who abuses it. She lives with her in laws doesn't buy any food and lets others use it whenever. She doesn't even need it because she only has herself and child to take care of. Her and her man both work and only pay about $300 dollars a month for rent. Those are the lazy people that make me mad. You actually need it and use it so I see nothing wrong with it.
    Anonymous

• I have never in my "real life" known someone on food stamps or even seen someone use food stamps. The only information I have is what I read here.

Some of the ladies have heart wrenching stories....... and others are complete morons and are one of the main cuases this contry is in as bad a shape as it is.

If I feel the need to "judge" someone for being on food stamps it would be on a case by case basis.... not a blanket statement.
    Anonymous

• So you're not able to work? He is home right? I love how no one is willing to look elsewhere. Take a guess how many people have picked up and moved away from what and who are familiar just to take care of their family. Not everyone runs immediately to unemployment and food stamps. Less and less people are putting money in and more and more are taking. It's ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• Some of it is jealous, and some just hate when people abuse the system. For example when women have men living with them and u know he works and don't report it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I guess some people think it can never happen to them. A lot of people have lost everything they had either because of a job loss or because of an illness. when you work so many hours you never think you are going to be that low again and when it is said and done my son had cancer and it hurt us losing my job, insurance and a house I was renting to own the day I was supposed to move in so anything can happen to you. This does not make you bad just another person who has to be helped while you get on your feet.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• People should do everything in the power not to be on it. If that means selling their personal hobby toys in order to feed your family so be it. But do everything in your power not to lower your standards in getting on PA. You lower that then you about lost every dignity for other things.
    Anonymous

He looks for new jobs everyday, there are just none where we live. NO I DO NOT AND WILL NOT WORK. THE LAST TIME I WENT TO WORK MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER DIED SO I WILL ALWAYS STAY HOME AND TAKE CARE OF MY CHILDREN!!!!!

He worked for years at this company and paid into unemployment so why not go and get it? Isnt that what it is for?? You are ridiculous
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 6:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

Well you know what we do not have personal toys. We worked our butts off for years to save money to buy our home. WE paid CASH for our beautiful 2000sq ft 4 year old home. Do you suggest we sell our home so we dont have to get food stamps??
    No dignity is lost here. My children have a beautiful home to grow up in and never have to worry about lossing it. If we have to have food stamps for a little bit until we get back on our feet then so be it.
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 6:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2010