What do they mean?? Sorry if this is stupid, but I honestly don't get it.

I was calling to make my first appointment with an OB-GYN and I asked them if they accept my insurance, and the secretary told me "Yes, but only for pregnancy. Not for regualr gynecology." And I'm wondering exactly what that means. Does that mean that they'll only see me while I'm pregnant and not afterwards for follow-ups, or does it mean I can see them for follow-ups too? I've never had this issue before, so I'm just wondering of any of you girls know. Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I honestly don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They will see you all the way through the pregnancy and for your 6 week check up. They wont see you for your yearly pap smears and stuff like that.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Meaning you can't go for just your annual check-up ... I'm sure they will accept your insurance for your follow-up after the baby,but i don't think they will accept it after that.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 3:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I would think they would cover the post partum visits you will have due to the preagnancy and not anything else....but to know for sure, you need to ask your insurance company. The OB-GYN office staff might know aswell.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 3:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You might want to call your insurance company and ask, usually the postpartum check ups are covered. I know my insurance covered the pregnancy and 6 weeks post partum,
    Anonymous

• I would check with your insurance company about your coverage. I would want to go to a doctor I could continue with if possible!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 5:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2010