How would you describe your mothers parenting method?

I call my moms the "go play outside" method
aka the "get away from me" method

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom would have never asked how we were, or taken an interest in anything. She figured if she fed us and kept us alive she did her part. I am so glad I have such a close loving relationship with my daughter. It's a little sad that she will never understand what it's like. And if you ask her she would probably say she was mother theresa....
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• My mom was the "go play at grandma's" method, aka "I really didn't want to be a mother"
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• screwed up
    LOL
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• My mom was an old time "attachment parent" - but of course, back then you didn't need to label yourself.

She breastfed us all past 2 years, we all co-slept, she carried us everywhere -no strollers, she didn't vaccinate us, she encouraged outdoor play and healthy eating - baked us fresh food, never any junk food, and I liked her style of parenting so much that I am now just the same with my own children.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• yeah I went to "play at grandmas" until i was 5 or 6
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• my mom's was stressed. we've been to enough therapy to forgive and be better for our children lol :)
    Anonymous

• Mine was just like yours with a whole lot of indifference as well.
    Anonymous

• Mine was the do everthing for me because she can do it better, then, expect me to do it perfectly the first time when she decided to make me do everything. Well, except think for myself. She still felt the need to do that, even though I am 33. She also felt the need to spank, slap or beat many for any various infraction...even nothing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• my mom used the hands off method as in neglect and shirk your duties lol I dont recomend it
    Anonymous

• Mine was very hands off. It annoyed the hell out of me. Sometimes, I needed help, not just "I know you'll do fine." The fact that I did fine is beside the point. Grrr.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2010