my son has curly hair!

really tight, thick curls. His brother is the polar opposite- straight and fine.... My curly little man gets jealous of his brother cuz we can style it in mohawks, spikes, etc and there's not much of that we can DO with his hair. I tried to make him feel better about it (I told him that his brother had to sit really still and get yuckies in his hair, and wash it EVERY NIGHT... and he could just get up and go play!!). He didn't seem to care. He promised he would sit still if I just took away his curls. I want him to like them! What can I do? Do you have any good websites that maybe we could get his hair cut in a "cool" way?!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 3:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Naturallycurly.com It's the greatest. I've got really curly hair and whenever I have any questions, I go there. They have a forum with a section on men and a section on kids and a huge gallery of different curly styles and you can find his curl type and the product to got with it and they sell the products on the site as well. It tells you how to take care of curly hair, everything. Love, love, LOVE the site!

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• i don't know any sites, but maybe you could do his hair in little ponytails down the middle? that way it's his own little mohawk? or actually sit him down to straighten his hair so that you can do spikes or something else. it doesn't have to be an all the time thing... maybe a little bit of change would make him feel better? he'll either grow to love the curls, or not... but showing him that he doesn't ALWAYS have to wear his hair in curls might help him to feel a little better about it.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I think the shorter you keep it the easier it will be to "spike" or style it.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• A mohawk works just fine with curly hair. My ex boyfriend had a mohawk and he has curly hair. You just keep it shorter than you would strait hair.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I think its good you are helping him. I may be reading into this too much but.....focus on the positive. Tell him his hair is beautiful no matter what! I like the short ideas.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I absolutely adore his curls. I really want him to love them as much as I do! Thanks ladies, you were tons of help!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 7:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2010