I want my daughter to sleep in her own bed..

My daughter is 2 months old. And she sleeps with me i mean right next to me. I wait a little bit and put her down in her crib or pack n play or car seat or bouncer, or boppy pillow(during the day when i can watch her) but as soon as i walk away she will wake up, or when i put her down she will squirm around and wake up and wont go back to sleep. How can i get her to sleep anywhere else but with me. I hate to see her cry cause she doesnt cry often, i know i should let her cry for a little bit. Any advice how to get her to stay asleep in her pack n play or crib? She does have a sleep positioner.

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like she likes being snug. I used to put my DD down while she was swaddled nice and snug in her blanket. I always rocked her to sleep as well. I didn't break away from that until she was about 6 months of age.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• No you shouldn't let her cry. It's normal for human babies to sleep with their mommas and cry when they wake and find themselves alone. Human mothers and babies have always slept together and still do in most of the world. It's hardwired in the human brain for survival. What you want and what your baby needs may be 2 different things.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• it's instinct. babies cry so you know where they are, try a swing or swaddlng or a vibrating chair.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I used a Safety First bed rail and a nursing nest; my baby slept between me and the bed rail.

You should try a good swaddling blanket (like Swaddle Me).
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• what i plan on doing this time with my twins(and what you can still do) is to sleep with a fitted sheet for her crib for awhile like about a week to get your scent on it, then use that sheet in their crib. m dd slept with me when she was an infant but this time with 2 newborns im using the crib!lol but she may respond well to your scent being on her blankets and sheets. maybe try a mobile in her crib. she's still very young so you can still "break" theco-sleeping if you choose. no cio(for me) go to her when she cries, assure her you're there but dont pick her up just pat her bottom or rub her back/tummy.always go to her when she cries, she may be wet/hungry.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 5:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2010