Could I be further along than what the doctor said?

Okay, my jeans got to where the wouldn't fit just a few days before I found out I was pregnant. I hid the fact that they were unbuttoned and not zipped with baggy shirts, and I still do. On April First, I found out I was pregnant and the doctor said about two weeks, judging by my hcg level. Anyways, it's been two weeks since then, putting me, by what he said, at about four weeks. My jeans still don't fit, and I have been horribly sick lately, I haven't actually thrown up yet, but I have been gagging for no reason, like there is no tomorrow...My question: Could I be further along?

Mrs_Kelley09

Asked by Mrs_Kelley09 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• go to babycenter.com and put in the date of your last period...it will tell you an estimated due date and what week of pregnancy you are in (keep in mind it's just an estimate, just like your doctor)
    Anonymous

• Of course you could. EDD is just that, and estimate.. As time goes on and you have an u/s, the dr will have a better idea of how far along you are.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• yea your due date is just an estimate they doctor kept telling me my due date was on 09-24-09 but then he saw the my baby's growth and changed it, i was full term at 09-12-09. so yea the doctor could be wrong, they do it on you last period but they cant tell you the exact date you got pregnant. lol at least not yet =)
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Or you could just be really bloated or be having twins. Just a thought. Congratulations! I found out i was pregnant on April 1st last year, what a great day to announce to everyone your pg lol
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You count the time from your last period.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You can be but not by much. Maybe a couple of weeks.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• If I count the time from my last period, then I should be 8 weeks...idk, would that sound right for how I feel and look?
    Mrs_Kelley09

Answer by Mrs_Kelley09 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Yes...8 weeks sounds about right. I am 9 weeks and have been wearing my pants unbuttoned and nauseated a lot (but just at night thankfully) for a few weeks. But I knew I was pregnant the day I missed my period (which at that point you're considered 4 weeks already...maybe your doc is giving you gestational age?) They never really know an exact date...the due date they give you is an estimate, you can plan on having the baby 2 weeks before or after that date! Good Luck!
    Anonymous