My daughter and her husband have recently adopted twin boys. One baby cries all the time. She has gone through the colic-gas-etc and nothing seems to help. He has a umbilical hernia. Are there ever any cases of pain resulting from this condition?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes.
    Anonymous

• yes..has she gone to the doctor? she really needs to go ask and get it checked out he could be in alot of pain
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• My son has it and doesn't seem to be in any sort of pain. His pedi said that there wasn't anything to do about it, that it would probably go away as he got older.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 4:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• My son had one, went away in a few months, my newborn has a small one. Her pediatrician says they rarely get 'stuck' and they are usually fine. You should be able to push the button in the belly, the baby should not be crying in pain and it should not be red or warm. What did their pediatrician say about this? My pediatrician recommended we go to the er and not wait for an appt if it looked 'trapped'.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• yes they can be in pain, particularly if the bowel has pushed through. They need to go back to the pediatricain and get some advice. - wow twins, one baby is hard work, so I admire them. How old are the babies? It is fairly common for one twin to be cruisy and content and one to be a mess. I hope they have joined a twin parent group - twins is a totally different game to single baby parenting. If not I really recommend you help them find a multiple birth support group, or a new mothers group. - Sometimes adopting moms don't join those groups as they haven't been part of the ante-natal group, but it is crucial to seek out other Moms, and find some solidarity - a situation can have you blubbering in the corner if you are alone, but is easier to laugh away or find the crazy side of when you are with others. Moms group was my life line
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2010