TMI postpartum discharge ??....

TMI Postpartum Discharge question...
So I am four weeks postpartum. This is my 5th baby so you would think I would know this, but what I am going through doesnt seem right. I have had this kinda thick mucousy yellow discharge for the past several days. I know a slight yellow discharge can be normal, but this seems too yellow and stringy kinda. The whole area down there seems to be irritated, but not very bad. I don't know if this is releavant but my legs are always achy, like if I had the flu. I'm guessing there could be infection, but what? There doesn't seem to be an odor either. HELP!

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I buy one of those home test kits for yeast infection just to be safe. I would also talk to your doctor just to rule other things out. Especially being number 5.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• same thing go to the ob an let them know it could be normal this is my 3rd baby an its been 2 months since my bleeding around 4 weeks i had that yellow discharge an it went away on an off it was just i guess old lining that was almost gone or sumthn but i think u could be ok have u used any new products to get irritated i heard if u use douch it can iriate u an give u a yeast infection so buy a test if nothing follow up to your ob but dont let it go anymore sounds like something is going on
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2010