how can i get my adult cat to stop licking and bitting my hair?

my cat, sally, will be 8 this year and licks and chews on my hair. i have tried switching shampoo and conditioner, smacking her and nothing has worked. drives me nuts!

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Pets

• why is she even near your head? lol
    Anonymous

• shave your head? LOL
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• she does it at night when im laying down. thanks for the offer of shaving my head but no, lol
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• this may be her way of showing affection toward you. cats are strange like this sometimes. just keep her away from your hair. shut the door at night when you go to bed and give her a place to sleep somewhere else.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• that is a problem he or she is board u need to play the cat out alot to get it to stop licking your hair they think its theres
    cherylc1962

Answer by cherylc1962 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• We had a cat like that when I was growing up! LOL Ours preferred WET hair though and rarely chewed on your hair if it was dry. Don't know what to tell you, we couldn't get her to stop for anything!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 7:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I have had the same problem . You could try wrapping your hair in a scarf or a towel. Never smack a cat though, it won't work and you could lose a friend.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Wish I had an answer, I had a cat that did that. I gave him away and he continued till his last days to lick and chew on his new mom's hair. Only did it to her no one else, and she tried everything, changing shampoos keeping her hair short, you name it, nothing changed his mind. I think it was his way of letting her know he cared.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 10:58 PM on May. 5, 2010