When should I tell people I am pregnant?

I am 6 weeks and I am not sure when I should tell anyone. I feel it is bad luck until your about 3 months, What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I told everyone when I knew.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• If you have a history of miscarriages I'd only tell they grandparents. If not than it would be fine to tell everyone else. If you start getting sick or something they are more willing to help out when they understand why.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Some people feel they should wait until the 1st trimester is over because of chance of misscarriage being higher when you are in your 1st trimester.
    If you feel comfortable that you won't or whatever, go ahead any tell your close family and then friends.
    congrats! xoxo
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 5:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• with my son i told everyone right away, with my last one i told everyone right away and then i had a miscarriage the next day! and i am pregnant again only my mom and dh know untill around 3 months..... it was awful having to tell everyone i lost the baby, so id say wait till around 12 wk
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 5:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• It does not really matter when you tell people. Just remember you are still in the potencial miscarriage stage of pregnancy. That is why some people say to wait tell you are over 3 months to tell people.

Answer by louise2 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• When ever you feel like it. Some tell people when they get the positive result some don't say anything till they can't hide it anymore. Whatever works for you.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• 3 months sound good to me.
    Anonymous

• When you start to show ;)
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 6:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I told everyone right away and I had 3 miscarriages. It didn't stop me from telling anyone. If, heaven forbid that were to happen you'd want people to know so you have a support group. Plus I think people knowing takes away some of the worry and stress because you can focus on celebrating with others!! But whenever you decide is fine. I definitely don't think it's a bad omen or anything to spill the beans right away! LOL Congratulations!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 6:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I am 9 weeks right now. We told our parents about 2 weeks ago and are waiting to tell everyone else until after our first doctors appointment on Thursday. I'll be close to 10 weeks and I feel it's safe. Some people wait until after 12 weeks, but I definitely don't think it's a bad thing or bad luck to tell everyone right away. Just whenever you feel comfortable! Congrats!
    Anonymous