how do i get social services off my butt cause i keep getting reported for abuse?

my kids get alot of bruises. They fight with each other alot and throws toys at each other and push and hit each other and fall alot and my oldst son teacher keeps calling social services and when i ask her about it she denies it and im getting tired of them coming to my house i have been reported like 4 times already and im about ready to loose my mind and the last time they were here it was because he had a scratch on his neck and im getting so aggravated over it how can i make this stop i have requested a meeting at school

charmed19812009

Asked by charmed19812009 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe you can try so different parenting technigues to get the kids to keep their hands to themselves. If they are hurting each other that bad I would think something should be done.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above poster. Crack down on your kids and discipline them, that behavior isn't good anyway.
    Anonymous

• I agree, the kids need to be taught to keep hands, feet and all objects to themselves. I never allowed my boys to hit each other in my prescience and if it happened when I wasn't around then the one who did the hitting got grounded and had to apologize and shake hands with his brother or give a hug. It would suck to have social services called by some busy body teacher or neighbor if there really was no abuse going on but a child beating up on another child can be a form of abuse.

Anonymous

• it seems tat u need to put ur foot down and punish then a lil bit where they dont hurt each other. they are going to fight but they dont have to be rush with it either....
    MummyLuv

Answer by MummyLuv at 6:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• If your kids are getting beaten up then CPS should be called. The teacher is a mandatory reporter, she could be in serious trouble if she had a kid coming to school showing signs of abuse and she didn't report it. It's normal for kids to have a few bruises and teachers know that so if she's reporting you then clearly they go beyond normal kid bruises. Instead of complaining about it try asking about resources like family therapy or maybe programs like Big Brother if your kids are old enough.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• how bout move your kids to a differant school.
    hotmami2ajae

Answer by hotmami2ajae at 7:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Moving schools has been one tactic some parents use. The other is just calling the state agency that governs your local social services. If you think that social services has come out time and time again and they have found no reasons to keep an open case, and they keep coming out for the same type of reports,...report social services. You have a right to not be harassed.  You cannot stop a school or teacher from calling in potential or suspected issues.  In fact, it is not their job to determine if it is abuse or not.  They are not allowed to investigate situations.  They do have to legally report it.  But on the flip side if social services gets too many calls from one source over the same things that are unfounded - then sometimes they do not take those calls anymore or investigate them.  Like when the ex calls a dozen times for giving kids ice creme for breakfast.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I am a teacher and we sign papers as part of our contract making us mandatory child abuse reporters. A teacher can loose her job for not reporting it. Now Im not sure about your state but here in Georgia a teacher can not call CPS, the counselor has to. If I see signs of child abuse I have to 1st document it, writing time, place and where I saw the mark on the child. I also have to let the counselor know Im documenting this and this is what Im seeing. If its happening really often then I continue to document to keep me safe but at that point it is in the hands of the principal and the counselor. They are the ones to make the report, not the teacher. So she may not be making the call but she is making someone aware of it.

Also your children should not be fighting like that. That is abuse. They can be taking for that. Control your kids and punish them. Im the only one who hits in my house, nobody else.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• im not in your house but it does seem like your kids are a bit our of control. the teacher is not to be blamed. you need to try alil more control of their actions
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 19, 2010