My sons eye is swolen I do not know what to do for it. Can anyone help me??? Doctor said it is swolen tear duct...

How can I get my sons eye to not be swolen anymore it is on his right eye??

logansmom1202

Asked by logansmom1202 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• warm water and a washrag!! it will help alot!
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. Warm, wet wash cloth, rub it across his eye gently every couple hours at least.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 7:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• In addition to the warm water wash cloth use your breastmilk. There is no better cure then a bit of breastmilk in the corner of the eye to help relieve the clogged duct.

Anonymous

• If it doesn't heal up by 6 months they may need to do a minor surgical procedure.
    My second child got constant infections in her eye because of a clogged tear duct. She had horrible goop on her eye constantly and was frequently on special eye drops to clear up the infections. It happened almost every week or two. They like to wait until the baby is 6 months old or older to do the procedure to see if it will heal on it's own.
    With my daughter, I tried the warm wash rag and rubbing it. You should massage down from the corner of the eye down the side of the nose to see if you can help it open on it's own.
    With my baby she was 5 months old and we had it done at the hospital, it was outpatient and took about 20 minute total. She never had a problem again after that.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 9:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• (I tried the breastmilk too... it was not sufficient to help in my case, but it has worked for others)
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 9:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• i used breast milk and tear duct massage. you just rub the outside of the tear duct in a clockwise motion several times a day. you should google it before you try it, just to be sure to get proper instructions.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2010