What do you think CHILD abuse is?

I want to know WHY so many people are so CPS freaking friendly over NOTHING...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• If your the same poster, I noticed your child or children have autism. Is there any resources you can get help form in your area? Like help with getting them to stop hitting or just getting the teacher to understand that this is the problem and you are doing everything in you power to help the situation with the children.
    Anonymous

• No clue...but people get crazy. Everyone is going to parent thier children differently...and it's ok.
    Child abuse to me is hitting/spanking out of ANGER or FRUSTRATION. Screaming at your child...and by screaming, I mean screaming. Emotional abuse is up there...like putting a child down...I really hate that crap. It's not what you say, but how you say it that matters.
    Ugh...I just think about all those little kids out there that don't have it well at all and it breaks my heart.
    Anonymous

• ^^^ ???? Not the same poster lol....
    Anonymous

• I have a family that lives across the street. The adults in their house fight and cuss all the time in front of her. I've wondered if I should call DFACS, but the Sheriff is there on a regular basis to break up fights and they never take any one to jail. The child has some issues, but she is in pre-school and like I said the police see her often! So, I'm still not sure if I should interfere by calling CPS.

To me Child abuse is... when a child gets beaten. When a child watches one parent beat up the other, lack of food, lack of water/electricity, dirty faces, no shoes, no clean clothes, left alone, verbally abused, ect, ect, ect.
    Anonymous

• ** that should have said ** "I have a family that lives accross the street, with a five year old girl."
    Anonymous

• Beating your child, mental abuse and emotional. The same as any abuse. Spousal etc. Spanking is not abuse, neither is correction for behaviour ex. When my dd bit I bit back. Not hard just enough to get the point. She only bit that once and never did it again.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Oh ya I forgot NEGLECT it's a big one, and lack of guidance.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Anything which causes long term physical, emotional or mental harm is abuse...

Spanking, Yelling, Going to bed with no dinner... NOT ABUSE!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Excessive physical abuse,injury,witholding food and medical care,keeping children out of school to hide the abuse....they are all evidence and symptoms of abuse. . But it seems that people do like to "report" Moms just so they can feel that they are superior to others. The accusations are false and there is no abuse.....they just want to feel like they are "better". It gets really sick.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• anything that causes harm to a child physically or emotionally including spanking
    Anonymous