chickenpox

my daughter is 5 months old and she got the chickenpox ..how long will it take until it heals ? should i be worried ?

hana87

Asked by hana87 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Health

• It takes about 2 weeks to go through your system, she is contagious, so don't let her be around other children. My DS had the vaccine,,,,and it caused a reaction in him to get the virus in his eye,,,it is a long story, but I had the chicken pox,,and wish I would have never gotten him the vaccine!! Make sure you have some sort of soothing bath (Aveeno) for the itchies and butt paste works to help it on the spots as well, no worries momma, she will be fine! good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• there seem to be spots on her private parts should i put the itching lotion on it ?
    hana87

Answer by hana87 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I would talk to your Dr. because of how young she is it could end up really bad. However if she is ok and it hasn't gotten as bad as my bros. did at that age. The first poster had the right idea. On the diaper area use lotion and allow air as much as possible. Put booties or socks on her hands, and try oatmeal baths they work great GOOD LUCK!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2010