Question about Nestle Goodstart (powder) formula

Does formula actually go bad after one hour in room temperature?I know you can put it in the fridge and it lasts 24 hours,but you are not supposed to warm formula by microwave and when baby is crying cuz he is hungry who has time to warm it up in hot water?please no bashing or nothing I just was wondering about this. if it does last longer than an hour how long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my kids room temp formula...I never warmed my kids up....unless it was refridgerated, and the it'd be warmed up just to be luke warm. My kids are not picky and drink milk COLD now....
    I wouldn't feed the kids formula that's been sitting out that long, because it is like regular milk once it's mixed with water, but don't make as much, because you can always make more right?
    Anonymous

• Kids don't have to have it warm...that is to get them to take it easier. They are meant to eat breast milk which is pretty warm, so, that is why we warm formula. I wouldn't let it sit out that long...bacteria can multiply quickly and milk goes bad real quick. Many mom's do use microwaves, you just have to makes sure to get out any hot spots. If you are worried, try to anticipate when your child will want a bottle and pre warm it. My son drank a bottle every 4 hours, so, I knew about when to heat one up. Because he wasn't waiting around on me to warm it and he was used to nursing and wasn't so sure about cold formula. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• If you keep some room temerature water around, you can make the bottle right when you need it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I warm my daughter's formula with hot water until it's just lukewarm. Sometimes it's a pain when she is crying but I normally try to anticipate when she is about to be ready to eat. I learned with my son that to give a cold bottle, I refrigerate the bottles after I make them, usually makes for an upset stomach if the baby will even eat it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Oh, and I would definitely not use it after one hour sitting around at room temperature. As was posted, the bacteria can grow very quickly. Not worth the risk.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2010