8 months pregnant and only my husband knows. Is it wrong not to tell my family?

I am 8 moths pregnant and have not told any of my family members. We live out of state so we dont really see them often. I thought it would kinda be funny if next vacation I just showed up with a baby. It started with me not wanting to jinx my pregnancy so I didn't wan to tell anyone until I was well into my fourth month and then I just decided not to tell anybody. Is it wrong? Would you think its funny? I also dont like anyone's input when I'm pregnant so this pregnancy has been very mellow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think a surprise would be fine.. but your family might be hurt, i wouldn't be but some people might be. you know your family best would they want to know that you are pregnant! I don't think its wrong or right just personal preference.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 8:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I didn't tell my family until after my last child was born. The subject never came up until they came to visit. Then I said "Surprise!"

Answer by admckenzie at 8:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I don't think its wrong. It is your choice. Its a cute idea. I think they may be a little hurt. But that is only on the fact of how close you and your family are.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• my dad had a daughter that nooooo one knew about he told al of us when she was like 2 months, why i dont know, i guess cause they wanted everything to go well and cause they didnt want no one all over them. how does your husband feel about this?? and about the idea you have it nice/ but sad at the same time? talk to your husband! but go with what you want its your life your baby!
    well i wish you the best of luck,.,,
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• If you were my sister, daughter, Aunt, or cousin, I would feel hurt that you kept this a secret.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• it depends how close you are to your family. but the surprise of it is kind of a cool idea.
    Anonymous

• I think if your close to your parents or anyone else you might want to tell them. They might want to be involved in some way with the baby-as far as helping out or something.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I think now is the time to tell your parents. If you have a child without so much as telling them it could really damage your relationships. I understand waiting til further in pregnancy, but giving birth without letting them know... what if something were to go wrong with you or baby? It would be such a shock but even withoutthat it's just unnecessarily hurtful. The surprise might have good intentions but you would end up looking like the bad guy if you did that. It's of course your choice, but imagine how hurt you would be if your child did that to you...
    Anonymous

• If my boyfriend had his way that's what he would have done with this pregnancy.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I would be very hurt if my sister or other close family member didn't tell me.

On the other hand, if I did it I think it would be funny.

Yep, double standard.

Anonymous