Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindis & Pagans who believe in god/goddesses, & those who believe in angels and faeries....

Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus died for all of us. God raised Jesus from the dead. Everyone has the chance to be saved, a chance to have eternal life.
Has any of the prophets/men said they were the Son of God? Did any of the prophets die for you? Did Buddha? Were any of them raised from the dead? Did any of the angels die for you and then raised to life, as an example of what you can have? How about any of the faeries?
I seriously wonder why anyone who has faith in someone, or something, would not have faith in the only Son of God. I have heard of no other such belief of this magnitude. Why believe in any of the others and not Jesus? Jesus dying and being raised from the dead must of drawn you to him at one time or another. Why ever give up in trying to understand the message?

m2KnL

Asked by m2KnL at 8:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ummm if you don't like it when people question your beliefs than do not question theirs.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 8:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Good luck with this one m2KnL.
    Anonymous

• Your lack of knowledge is expansive and amazing. Thanks for sharing it. BTW, the answer to most of those first questions is yes, and the answer to most of the second ones is because.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I am a Christian and I find believing in Jesus the only reasonable thing to believe in. But I think anyone who believes in someone/something think theirs in the most reasonable. And I think this is a very inappropriate question. You believe in whatever you want and let others believe in whatever they have chosen.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Great Questions!
    octavia137r

Answer by octavia137r at 8:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• We've missed you M2 no one can stir up drama like you do.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Oh and yes I do believe in angels, don't you they are in the Bible?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• She is just trying to understand. I don't see any need in bashing her.
    Anonymous

• 1. Logical consistency—the claims of a belief system must logically cohere to each other and not contradict in any way. As an example, the end goal of Buddhism is to rid oneself of all desires. Yet, one must have a desire to rid oneself of all desires, which is a contradictory and illogical principle.

cont......

Anonymous

• 2. Empirical adequacy—is there evidence to support the belief system (whether the evidence is rational, externally evidential, etc.)? Naturally, it is only right to want proof for important claims being made so the assertions can be verified. For example, Mormons teach that Jesus lived in North America. Yet there is absolutely no proof, archaeological or otherwise, to support such a claim.
    Anonymous