I sent out invites over a week ago. No RSVP's yet. When to panic??

The party is on the 24th. We gave invites to his entire kindergarten class. I had the teacher hand them out as they left so they wouldn't get lost in backpacks. I have my ph# on them and a request to RSVP. Any ideas regarding this greatly appreciated!

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 8:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have had the worst luck with RSVP. The last time I threw a party that I invited a whole class too, only ONE mom bothered to call!! Five other kids showed up at party time.

The last party my child was invited to, I RSVP's several days in advance that we could not come. The Mom said at that point in time I was the only to call either way and that she appreciated me calling to say "Thank you for the invitation, but I'm sorry, we can't come because we have plans to go out of town that day."

I guess RSVP is ignored these days... as are hand written thank you notes.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• in my experience- no one rsvp's
    Grrr
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Maybe you wrote your phone number wrong?
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• What date did you put for RSVP by? I RSPV, but not until the date requested just in case something comes up.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Oh, if you didn't specify a date, I wouldn't start panicking until Thursday or so.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• What day did you say to RSVP by?? I know I just RSVP'd on the last day that they asked us to for my daughters friends party, that's kinda the norm. My daughter also just passed out invites to her kindergarten pals, I put an RSVP deadline of one week before the party, but I suspect I'll have to tell her to remind some of the kids.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• "I put an RSVP deadline of one week before the party,"

Interesting!! I never really thought of putting an RSVP deadline!! I will have to try that next time!! Thanks for that idea!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• This is a huge pet peeve of mine because people don't rsvp! I've found its helpful if you put an email address on the invite and also say that text messages are ok. A lot of people feel shy about calling especially if they don't know you well. I always do a hand written one and an Evite. This is very annoying because on Evite you have more luck but people will rsvp then not show up or rsvp NO and show up anyway. You never know how much cake, snacks and party bags you should have! Errr!
    The thing is that you should just go ahead and buy enough for about half of the people you invited that is usually the amount that comes to parties. Then have generic goody bags and a bag of candy and the people who didn't rsvp who show up unannounced get that instead of the expensive bags everyone else gets. Please parents RSVP and send thank you notes. There is no reason not to.
    Anonymous

• i get my rsvps, but usually right before the rsvp by date. and likewise, i rsvp right at the deadline. i never mean to, it just usually works out that way.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Most people don't RSVP anymore and it is rude and drives me crazy!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010