are u getting tired of all these racist moms on this site?

lately i have been reading alot of " get ride of illegal immagrants" or learn to speack english this is america" as a legal daughter of a mexican mother and cuban father i'm getting tired off it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that if everyone would go just and do one thing nice or one thing to better themselves this world would be a better place, & that includes racism. We are all people, we all have feelings, regardless to what race, sex, your sexual orentation, etc.. is. I DOnt think that anyone has a right to judge anyone, So yeah I am a little sick of hearing about it also
    racheal1977

Answer by racheal1977 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Wanting illegal immigrants out of MY country I pay taxes in that they DONT is NOT being racist!!! Calling someone a name like me*i*an or we* ba*k or ni**er is being racist! and YOU may be legal cause you were born here, but is your mom or Dad a LEGAL citizen? If you are tired of it then go back to one of your parents 3rd world contries and live in poverty instead of taxing our system with lazyness and crime! LEARN the REAL defination of a Racist before you get all pissy at us TRUE americans!

Signed, a Native American Cherokee Indian!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i think that was a little harsh there SOME illegals Pay takes lots of them do you just dont realize it by the way i think every one should just not say anything at all if its not nice and YES Iam sick of hearing it as well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Personally I am against illegal immigration, but it has nothing to do with racism AT ALL. I mean it as in all illegal immigration...no matter what country you're coming here from...Mexico, Ireland, England, India, Africa. I don't care where an illegal immigrant is coming from, I don't think that something that is *illegal* should be so easily permitted in this country. My grandparents were immigrants, but they came here legally and I don't see why so many need to be here illegally. The effort that illegal immigrants have to put in just to get fake legal documents (social security number etc etc) is just as easy as going down and taking a test for citizenship.

If the moms you're talking about are only referring to Mexicans, which I assume they are because of the "speak English" sentiment you mention, and they are assuming that ALL people from Mexico (or of any Spanish descent) are illegal...then yes I would consider that ignorant and a bit racist.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• People forget they themselves usually aren't native Americans, and that our country is wonderful which is why so many people want to live here...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I believe that everyone has the right to there opinion. I think what others are trying to say is English is the language of America and everyone who comes here should learn to speak it. As far as illegals go, I don't think there's a problem with immigration just immigrating illegally. I think in general people are really tired of illegal immigrants getting more benefits than actual citizens or legal immigrants. People want to come to the U.S. because of all it offers then don't want to learn our language I would say that that is wrong. I am married to a man of Hispanic decent who's grandparents came from Mexico,(legally) and they feel the same way. Come legally and learn the language.
    nana44

Answer by nana44 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• "vbruno"

I agree with what she said and add that we shouldn't be expected to learn foreign language just so we can communicate with ppl who came to our country. If we were to go to another country without knowing their language we would be laughed at and most likely robbed blind. I'm sick of everyone looking down on Americans for doing the exact same thing that they do. Seriously tell me what would happen to an English speaking American if they went to Mexico without knowing Spanish at all... probably be raped, robbed, or murdered if they wandered outside of the tourist traps. So tell me again how is it racist to not want to change our language to accommodate ppl who shouldn't even be here?

oh and signed, another Native American.
    knfisch

Answer by knfisch at 10:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• There's nothing more annoying than calling a customer service representative for a company and getting someone on the line that speaks broken english with a thick accent. I feel like I get NOWHERE. I have nothing against any race...but I do expect the people working in America or trying to get employment, to speak proper english so that we can understand them. It's frustrating! There are a lot of people that don't even try. (I'm not stereotyping any group of people here.) There are rules for entering and residing in this country and they should be followed. It's a no-brainer...everyone knows what illegal immigration is. If they choose to come over here illegally, then they have to be prepared to be shipped back. Our country is already has a struggling economy.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• IM NOT FOR RACISM! IM ALSO MEXICAN AMERICAN. I DO FEEL THAT IT IS GOOD TO KNOW SPANISH, BUT YOU SHOULD SPEAK ENGLISH IF YOU ARE HERE IN AMERICA. IF I MOVED TO SAY GERMANY I WOULD NEED TO LEARN GERMAN. BUT I DONT AGREE THAT MEXICANS SHOULD BE DEPORTED. IF THEY ALREADY WORK HERE THE GOVERMENT SHOULD SET THEM UP PAPERS AND HAVE THEM PAY TAXES LIKE THE REST OF US (THATS ALL THEY REALLY WANT ANYWAYS), THAT WOULD ALSO HELP OUT THE US ECONOMY~NO?!? ~~KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 1:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2008