Trying to eat and cook more healthy!

I want to start cooking and eating much healthier especially since were ttc. My last pregnancy it was all ice cream and junk, and Im not doing that this time around. I want to be healthy so I have the will power to not give in as easily with cravings. So.. where do I begin? I have no problem eating healthy for breakfast and lunch but when it comes to dinner Im not so sure. Ill eat egg whites and whole wheat toast or something like that for breakfast and I love salads for lunch with grilled chicken and fat free rasp vin for lunch. And I can eat healthy snacks. Just need ideas for cooking so my husband will also eat it lol. We aren't too picky, im not a big meat or fish person. Ill eat some meat an chicken but thqats all as far as that. Any suggestions?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i tried that too. it worked for the first 2 weeks..and then if it wasnt what i wanted, regardless of how healthy it was and how i know i should eat it, it made me sick. so tonite, i had porkchops, baked, and scalloped potatoes. and then i had ice cream and a cookie for dessert. i like to bake cookies and while they are hot put a scoop of ice cream on them.
    last night, i wanted chicken nuggets, and i tried to eat a salad with it..but it wasnt happening, i actually had to walk away from the table.
    the weird thing is, with my first, i didnt have this big of a problem.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• we love stir frys. you could do anything with wheat pasta too. just be sure that any sauces you use are all natural and or organic.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Here are some of our favorites. Send me a message if you want any recipes.
    No hurry curry
    sweet and sour cabbage rolls
    taco salad
    minestrone soup, salad
    General Tsao’s tofu
    stuffed peppers
    chili and cornbread
    sweet potato and black bean burritos
    Halloween black and orange quesadillas
    black bean soup, quesadillas, avocado salad
    not crab cakes, tofu fish sticks, baked sweet potato “fries”
    dairy-free nachos
    tamale bean pie
    Mexican bean and pasta bake
    white chili
    Stovetop lentil sloppy joes
    Tofu and spinach curry
    Lentil soup
    stew with dumplings
    lentil tacos
    Pot pie
    zucchini enchiladas
    Mediterranean Vegetable stew with poached eggs
    Stirfry
    homemade pizza
    squashed macaroni
    peanut noodles
    blueberry oatmeal pancakes
    slowcooker lentil sloppy joes
    Southwest Falafel

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Summers are so easy for eating healthy....grill, grill, grill... we make chicken and beef kabobs all the time and grill up tons of veggies, and 9 times out of 10 skip any starch for dinner. Nice big salads on the side to fill up on too. Just grill up any lean meat and watch your portions and you're good. Good luck!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2010