Can you be a good mom and a sex freak?

So, I think I am a great mom, a great role model, a good disciplinarian. I do a lot with my daughter, and I know that she is very happy.
On the other hand, I am kind of a freak. I have freaky sex with my husband, but have also had sex with other men while my husband watched, and talk dirty/send dirty pics to guys online (no face) I am very careful to make sure my daughter will never find out... Anyway, can I do all these things and still be a good mom? I am really having conflicting thoughts and I feel guilty about this ... Is this something that I can continue. I have only had a 3-some once since she was born and she was obviously not home... Its not like you would talk about your sex life to your kids anyways... Just want some unbiased opinions. No bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are feeling guilty, then you probably should reel it in a little. It's really up to you.
    Anonymous

• That reminds me of an old saying I heard once.... "A lady in the living room, a whore in the bedroom". I don't remember where I heard that though.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I don't know, my mom and I used to talk a little about her sex life when I started mine and I wouldn't want to be ashamed to talk to my daughter either. I don't think being a sex freak makes you a bad mom but I only do stuff with my husband and would never do something with someone else. I find it wrong, but that's just me.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Sex has nothing to do with how you parent your child. As long as your not having sex with random guys and opening her up to danger I don't see anything wrong with it.

SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Your personal sex life has NOTHING to do with your parenting unless you are actually involving your kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Your sexual relationship(s) has nothing to do with your kid(s), and vice versa. You wouldn't talk to her about it or consider her if you were having "normal" sex, so why should it be any different with "freaky" sex?
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Having freaky sex by no means makes you a bad Mom. It just means that you like sex, and you are passionate about it. However, if you are feeling guilty, maybe it's time to stop doing some of the sleeping around, or posting pictures, etc. Maybe you and your hubby can have the freaky sex, and leave the rest of the stuff behind. I wouldn't worry about it affecting your daughter, sounds to me like you are keeping her away from all of it. Keep on having that freaky sex...You're allowed to do it!
    Anonymous

• yeah, like they say lady in street, freak in the bed. But if you are feeling guilty then maybe you should tone it down a little.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You can be a good mom and a freak in bed..two different things. But, if you are feeling guilty about it, then maybe you need to rethink the choices you are making.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Yes you can be both

Answer by admckenzie at 10:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2010