Running out of motivation.

My son will be 6 months old in 2 weeks. He has cried most of the day every day since he was born. At first I was told colic, so we tried everything to help the colic, nothing worked. Then we tried stuff for reflux.. nothing. We have come to believe he is just a really unhappy baby, he isn't in pain because i've determined his "pain cry" after getting shots and once getting stuck in the bars in his crib.. and this isn't the same cry. He is so unhappy, and I have very few people I can have watch him for me so "taking a break" isn't an option. He also doesn't like to be "wore" so slings are a no. Basically what I'm asking is.. can anyone tell me some NOT NORMAL ways they have made their baby happy? You know, nothing I'd find on Google.. just something you may have tried one day and it worked? I'm starting to lose hope that I'll ever be able to have a happy child.

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, my son was colic, and I found that really nothing would work! SOMETIMES putting him in his bouncer in front of a baby einstein movie occasionally did the trick. (I'm not talking all day, but they run for about 30 minutes and he LOVED the classical music.) He also really loved bath time so that would work sometimes. If nothing works, I promise once he starts sitting up and being more mobile on his own he will be MUCH happier! That's when I noticed changes with my son. Good luck, momma, just hang in there :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 9:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Assuming you've tried everything for gas and all that and you've seen the pediatrician to rule out ear infection. It may have been colic at first and now sounds like maybe cutting teeth. Wet a washcloth and stick it in the freezer for awhile and let him chew on it. Does he have a swing?? If so does he like it?? What about a bouncy chair?? Stationary walker?? Sometimes they cry because they are bored. Try taking him out for a walk weather permitting. See if you can arrange a playdate or take him to the park to socialize him with other kids his age. It will get easier I promise, but you got to try and ride it out for awhile. Look for a church with mommy's day out to get a break for an hour or two.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Yea my son wasn't colic or anything but sometimes he got into moods where he just wanted to cry like mamie said i would put him in his bouncy seat in front of the t.v. and he would watch brainy baby... Its on on demand if you have comcast if not try baby einstein.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Have you had him allergy tested? He could be having problem with what you are eating if you bf, or with the formula if you ff.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Read the Fussy Baby Book by William Sears and try every thing. I'm sure you have heard of The Happiest Baby on the Block. Try every kind of carrier. If you are formula feeding you could relactate, it's not too late.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Have you turned on the vacuum cleaner.. what about sitting on the washer/dryer with him? .... seems like i only know the "usual stuff" now that im thinking about it :-/
    Good Luck! Just keep in mind these days will pass!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2010