what are the actual chances of going into labor from stress?

Stress... Yea i got plenty of it!! Sonetimes i feel like im having a heart attack from stress caused by family, money issues, my overly hyper children and me being 33 wks pregnant and considered high risk! i try to let the little things not bother me but it just keeps adding up and sitting on my sholders and i get to my braking point and just snap... I cry uncontrolably, i cant catch my breath, im pretty sure i end up having a panic attack in the end. Then normally that night i end up having a nice amount of painful contractions. Im afraid i will go into preterm labor sense i had my other two children at 34 and 35wks... Which doesnt help the panicking any!! Ugh... I just need to vent here. But really what are the odds of me going into labor from my freaking out here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had a baby at 32 weeks. i went into labor b/c of stress. i am 33 weeks now, and i have contractions if i go up and down the stairs too much, and if i fight with dh. the emotional stress is the hardest on me. after my preemie i let go of some of my worries. money in particular. dh can worry about it if he wants to. we had just started a business when i had my preemie. i didn't know from one moment to the next if and how we would buy groceries, or pay rent...let alone pay the other bills. in the end we had our preemie, and thank God he is healthy and strong. i love the serenity prayer to help get me through the hard times. you know, there is no point in having a preemie just because we are worrying about things that we can not change.
    i wish you the best of luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Make lists for everyone in the house and tell them to go do their chores. You go put your feet up and take a nap.

Have you ever read about Hynpobirthing breathing techniques? They might help a lot. You deserve to enjoy life. Your family deserves a rested and healthy mom. Tell everyone it's time to get on the boat and pick up an oar.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• first of all *a hug!* my doc specifically told me stress/panic attacks=bad and that she would rather me pop ativan (I am only 22 weeks give or take) than to have me have an episode and lose the little guy and I agree with her knowing what panic attacks due to my body I know it can't be good for my baby. Ativan is a tranquilizer....to me it seems like a very real and threatening chance for people like us :( I hope you feel better soon, at least you are far enough along the baby is pretty big :) regardless though hopefully stress won't cause the babe to make an early appearance, you still need some time to finish getting things ready for the little critter. Good luck to you
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 10:06 AM on Apr. 18, 2010