sex offenders

anyone know a free web site to check for sex offenders?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• watch dog. org I believe. google it...and you can find sex offenders anywhere.
    Anonymous

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• maybe google it. the local police dept will usually have a list online you can look at with their info on it. i looked it up and we have 8 in our apt complex! so scary!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't look it up. You'll find anyone that's ever had to register as a sex offender, not just the dangerous people (rapists and pedophiles). You'll freak out over and it's just not a good thing. Call your local police department and ask about DANGEROUS offenders in your area.
    Anonymous

• Every offender is worth making note of. You can't rule people out when they've once committed a crime. I'm not saying condem them, but being aware is better than not!
    PS...it's found that sexual offenders usually reoffend...so like I said, it's better to be aware.
    Anonymous

• 9:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 by: Anonymous

Anonymous

"I wouldn't look it up. You'll find anyone that's ever had to register as a sex offender, not just the dangerous people (rapists and pedophiles). You'll freak out over and it's just not a good thing. Call your local police department and ask about DANGEROUS offenders in your area. "

Yeah, you don't want to confuse the good sex offenders with the bad ones???  Are you kidding??

When you look it up, you can see what they were convicted of. But for the life of my I can't imagine a sex crime that I would consider to be OK for my neighbors to commit.
    maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Sex offenders do NOT normally reoffend but sex predators do. A sex offender can be an 18 yr old having sex with his 17 year old girlfriend. I don't look it up because I don't want to assume about someone else without having the entire story. But the familywatchdog site tells you the exact charge so you don't need a law degree to figure out the charges.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You can be labeled as a sex offender for having sex with your 15 year old girlfriend if you are 17 because in most states 15 isn't considered to be old enough to consent to sex. Or you can be labeled as a sex offender is you are over 18 and some stupid 16 year old says he/she is over 18. Or are also labeled as a sex offender is you have sex with someone who is willing that is under 18 if you are 18 or older. Not all people that are labeled as a sex offender are rapist or pedophiles. A pedophile is someone that is attached to or does stuff to someone who has not gone through puberty. I would consider my ex who only wanted to date girls that were 16 or 17 when he was 29 over my current boyfriend that was stupid and had sex with a girl who was 16 when he was 20. That was his first girlfriend and the only person he has been with besides me.
    delete your answer
    Anonymous