How do I lose weight and get toned and same time?

I am 5'1 and weigh about 250 lbs. 50 lbs is my first goal, but I don't want to lose the weight and have all this baggy skin. I know there is a way without surgery but what?

DjandEmmys

Asked by DjandEmmys at 9:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• cardio and weight training. like MWF do cardio and TTHSAT do weight training and rest sundays... you can't just diet, you have to exersize while your dieting. Make sure your doing exersizes that target every part of your body and all your muscles groups. Fit magazine.com is a great site that I email subscribe to and it gives you tons of tips, videos etc for free! I love it!
    Best of luck!!! xoxox
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon--diet and exercise together will help minimize the amt of loose skin. Also, you don't want to lose more than 1-2lbs per week. The slower you lose it, the less likely you will A. gain it back and B. have a lot of loose skin. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• eating a healthy diet (whole some foods) combined with exercise (strength training and cardio) is the way to go-and by doing it this way your weight loss will be done at a healthy rate so the skin has time to adjust to the shrinking you. Will you have lose skin when you are done? possibly-this is where genetics play a big role. Being well hydrated is important too.
    I have lost over 90lbs in 15 months (now below my goal wt) and my skin did great-I do have a little lose skin under my bum (where I carried a lot of fat) but nothing too bad. It will shrink up over time!
    Best wishes to you on your journey! You can do it!! :D
    jenniferleah

Answer by jenniferleah at 9:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Oh I wanted to add that circuit training is a great way to combine cardio and strength training-it will burn fat and build lean muscle. Jillian Michaels has some great DVD's you can do right at home with just some small hand weights or dumbbells. A couple to check out are:
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism-30 Day Shred-No More Trouble Zones (this is mostly strength training).
    Mix these with some cardio and you will be on your way in no time!!
    jenniferleah

Answer by jenniferleah at 9:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2010