He lied about his race, should we be mad?

So I know i'm probably going to get bashed for this but the man i'm with (my child's father) is completely racist. Putting all that aside for a minute...I found a new babysitter that was only charging $10 a day. I went and met both of them and yes, they are white. I asked both if they were mixed with anything else, both said no. I know it doesn't matter to me but to my SO it does and I respect his wishes. Well I just found out that her husband is mixed with black and mexican but he looks white. He lied about his race to get his wife the job...should we be upset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I wouldn't be. My husband is mixed, but mostly white and he considers himself white.
    Anonymous

• only that he lied. thats kind of shady. how are you supose to trust someone who lied to you so bluntly?
    Anonymous

• I think they should be upset with you for asking their race. What the hell does their race have to do with the quality of care they will provide? You should both be ashamed of yourselves. And don't say "It's him not me.........you married the racist"
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Not racist here... BUT he should not have lied to you.. If the family will lie to you about their race to GET the job, then what will they lie to you to KEEP their job!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• wow...what if they said to you they can't babysit your child because your white.
    you people are horrible...oh my gosh.
    Anonymous

• Wow, no kidding you're going to get bashed. Isn't it illegal to refuse someone employment based on race?

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• How did you "just find out" & how reliable is that source???
    Anonymous

• Funny that you blame this on your husbands beliefs. If you are with him and put up with it YOU are a racist.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You leave your child with anyone that would only charge $10 a day. You stay with a man that forces you to asks questions you know are morally wrong. You are making very poor decisions. What's up with that?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Fake question. Who would leave their kid to somone who says they will only charge $10 per DAY?
    Anonymous