A questions to Christians about sinning.

-Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins.
- We say a "prayer of salvation" to save us from our sins.
If Jesus died & we pray about our sins, why do Christians worry so much about sinning & wanting everyone to live a sin-free life.

They say "All sins are equal". Yet we eat alot (gluttony). its hard to control the "Hes HOT" (lust) that runs through our minds before we even know it.
Isnt it hard going to church & watch everyone stuff their face afterwards (i know alot of people meet up together at restaurants, in church, at homes, ect)
PS. Im a (struggling) Christian.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We try not to sin to honor God and show respect. You are right that there is no way to live a sinless life. Some of our struggles are more obvious, some private. But it is through those struggles that you learn and grow. Being forgiven is not a "get out of jail free" card. Personally I think we are too harsh on each other. People worry so much about everyone else's sin they forget about their own.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• he's a a simple answer, because with sin is bondage and death. Would yo kike to hear from personal experience, bible verses or both?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Now I"m not Christian so take my comment how you want, but I always thought the idea was about personal betterment and improving oneself. The prayer is just a reminder of our goals to better ourselves, etc. The reminder of Jesus's sacrifice is to give a reason for personal betterment becasue he was "perfect". In other words all sins are equal but you should strive to overcome them. Obviously there are a lot of hypocrites that forget this.
    Just a non-christians perspective.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Ok, I don't know about other christian churches but ours teaches, Christ paid for our sins, so that we had a way to REPENT and be FORGIVEN for our sins. We do not get off scott free. There would be no purpose to life if we just got to do whatever we wanted....we would not grow and we would learn absolutely nothing!
    God isn't the kind of parent who babies His children. He provides a way, he doesn't do everything for us! :)
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• From my personal experience when I was living with sin I lived a life of fear, unhappiness, pain, suffering, loneliness and hopelessness. I did not trust God with my life, and I tried to do it on my own which left me insecure. I felt like I was in a deep dark pit with no hope of getting out. But when I surrended all of it to God I had hope. Its not to say that I am free from suffering etc, but when I put my trust in God and give up everything to Him i have hope, I'm not afriad and I know I can rely on God to get me through. There still may be pain, but I have a comforter
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Jesus died for our sins to make a way that we would not have to go to hell. It does not mean we will never sin again. When and if we do sin the bible says we have an advocate with the father Jesus Christ. If he through us away we we messed up, then there would have been no other chance for redemption after the fiasco in the garden of Eden. Thank God for his mercy and grace. As far as gluttoney. There is a differance between social eating and gluttoney, even Jesus ate with his disiples and fed the people who came to see him with the fish from a little boy's lunch.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• here are some verses:
    Galations 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free, stand firm then and do not be burdened again by the yoke of slavery" This is refering to the burden that sin has on us, Christ did set us free, we still may struggle, but He died and rose to give us freedom, and we can claim that. We do not need to be held in Bondage. there are some great verses in Roman I believe that talks about living our lives free from sin.
    Matthew 5:38 "Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect" A better translation is whole. Christ wants us to be whole, not broken. Sin causes brokeness, which is not what we are made to be and Christ has the power to transform us.
    Isaiah 61
    1.The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives.... cont.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• and release from darkness for the prisoners,
    2.to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,
    3.and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.
    Precious333

• Christianity is not a free sin pass. How ever no one is perfect every one sins, the goal is to be a good kind person, and to find personal truth and fulfilment in what you believe. Have faith in your self and look in your heart for truth don't let others sway your beliefs by there holier than thou attitude. GOOD LUCK> and follow your heart!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• "why do Christians worry so much about sinning & wanting everyone to live a sin-free life."

Because if someone gave his life for you wouldn't you at least to do you best?

pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 10:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2010