For Non-Christians...

Wow, isn't it wonderful not to be Christian?

No one had to "die for our sins," cause we don't have any! We aren't bound by some 2000 year old books copycatted mythology! And we are free to live our lives happy and content without ever having to worry that around every corner Satan lays in wait to spring out and get us...

It's a beautiful existence... Lets here why you are happy not to be Christian!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i am happy to not be christian because it means my beliefs can change given new evidence. No dogma holding me back.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I don't see there to be a problem with being Christian. Granted I certainly am glad not to be a holier-than-thou Christian that uses God as an excuse to condemn others but not all are like that. I am glad that my decisions are my own and I can recognize my own faults and work to improve them without being condemned by others for having them in the first place. I mean we all have faults. And I certainly don't give power to mythological beings which I don't believe in. Ultimately though I think whatever path you choose, if it makes you happy and encourages you to be a better person than it can't be all bad.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I have Christian believe. However I don't believe you guys should continually have to deal with attempted conversion. It disgusts me especially when they use the bible saying it is ok to judge, insult, and convert. It is just rude. I am very sorry you have to deal with naive rude people.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• This is why I am struggling so hard to be Christian.. I grew up being told God was the way (nothing about Jesus though -- never went to church).. So I got that fear put in me young.. But the bible is wrote but MEN, kept up by MEN... HUMANS have agendas -- i dont care what you, you have opinions, beliefs & agendas, so im sure that is what our Christian bible is full of! Christians are obbsessed with sins...Jesus died for them. we pray for them.. we try not to do them.. yet Christians judge other for sinning-- yet judging is a sin! UGH!

must i go on!?
    Anonymous

• Round and round and round it goes. Fun little merry-go-round isnt' it?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• God deals with the laws of nature.
    Would you agree it's not good to drink and drive, or you risk yours and other's lives?...Therefore we just don't drink and don't have to worry about even being in that situation.
    Would you agree that having sex with many people can put you at risk for STD's ?...Therefore we just don't have sex til we're married and we avoid the situation all together.
    Would you agree that we shouldn't gossip about people because it hurts feelings and can spread lies? ...Therefore we don't do it avoiding hurt feelings, broken friendships and promotes unity.
    Wether you believe in God or not you know your choices either have good or bad consequences...
    Anonymous

• OP just hit them back kindly with facts. Don't let their rudeness sway what is in your heart. What ever make you happy is what is best. They act this way because they are miserable and insecure.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Anon- if you think for yourself that much, it's obvious that you should keep looking - Any Christian is simply going to tell you that much free thought is Satanic and evil!
    Anonymous

• Frankly anon you'll be better off if you admit you're human, you will make mistakes, and the only agenda anyone should have is becoming better people as a whole through respect. Not only respecting others but respecting themselves as well and doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. Not for some eternal reward but because it shows the respect you have for yourself and others.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Wether you believe in God or not you know your choices either have good or bad consequences...

Yes, but only with God do people make excuses for doing the wrong thing
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2010