Is this what you wanted accomplished? Exactly why schools were not a place for this...

My daughter is Sophomore in high school here in Indiana. As most of you know, April 16th was the day of silence for the gay and lesbian students and those who support the gay and lesbian students. Just thought I would share with you the damage bringing this political and social drama into schools causes.
Once word got out at my daughters high school about the day of silence, the gay students decided they would all wear black shirts. Then the students who do not support homosexuality, decided they would wear white shirts. Apparently, a gay student found out about this and said he was going to shoot every kid that came to school on Friday with white shirt on. So my daughter's high school had to call in 6 police officers to be on watch during the day. I got a call from her at 11am begging me if she could come home because she was scared and didn't feel safe. So I pulled her out of classes for the day. Cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OP, I agree, this kind of stuff does NOT belong in school. Looks like at your daughters school, everything was OK until the gays found out that not every single student there agreed with them. Which goes to prove my theory that the gay agenda is NOT about tolerance, it is about shoving acceptance of them down the throat of America, much like Pelosi, Reid, and O did with the health care reform. We are free to accept and tolerate any other person and what they believe, but if for ANY reason we don't, even if we DO nothing or SAY nothing offensive, and just plain don't accept it, WE are wrong. I believe that anyone who wants to can be gay, but I don't have to approve their choice, I don't have to tolerate it beyond a certain point. The gay agenda will not allow me to do that. That is why I do not support most of the gay agenda. They are NOT about tolerance, and this proves it.
    Anonymous

• By the time I picked her up, there was a stack 2 inches thick of dismissal sheets in the attendance office for kids leaving because they felt afraid. EXACTLY why the school is no place for this. So instead of my daughter having a productivce day at school, I had to pull her out of her classes early because she was afraid she was going to get shot. Having this day caused MORE problems and more seperation for the students.
    Anonymous

• You're right. Schools are not the place for homophobia.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Someone doing such a lousy job of parenting that their child thinks it is ok to threaten to shoot people is not an argument against this day, it's an argument against that parent having custody of their child.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• That child definately needs help
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• This is why I don't send my kid to school at all, it's too dangerous. I homeschool her and almost every week there is a report on the news about a brawl at one on the local schools or drug and gang activity. We've had 3 deaths so far this year. There is no way I will ever put ther back in public school.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• A gay student was going to shoot straight students...maybe it was really heterophobia...
    Anonymous

• Incidentally, if it had been someone threatening to shoot the black shirts instead of the white shirts, would you have even posted this?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• That does sound scary! I agree, school is no place to be forcing these sexual and political agendas.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• First of all, this had nothing to do with the Day of Silence for Gay Rights. This had to do with the specific students that decided to segregate themselves by the color of their shirts to show which side they were on. You can't blame politics or rights movements, you have to blame the children who decided to take this one step further. It is fine to have a day of silence for your beliefs, whether you involve the crowd or keep it to yourself. When it goes one step further it is no longer about the original day, but about the individuals who decided that, that wasn't enough. Those students who decided to show their beliefs by the color of their shirts welcomed for people to outwardly express their beliefs. The student who threatened their peer's lives is at fault for his expression of anger. He is at fault for taking this over the line. Not anyone else, but him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2010