has anyone had a problem with your child to get him to have hid bowels move. He will hold it.

purecountry1

Asked by purecountry1 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• show him a scary movie. that should scare the s&*$ out of him
    Anonymous

• How about a stool softener? Maybe it hurts to go to the bathroom.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• mirolax,,,it used to be by perscription only,,its powder and you can put it in a drink...or you can use my dads perscription,,,prune juice,,yuck,,,
    Anonymous

• Yes, give him miralax. We had to with our son. Chronic constipation is very dangerous. We had issues with my son not eating properly and not wanting to go. :( He has sensory issues. I am happy to say these issues are gone now, but they were a problem for quite a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My dd has wdak intestins n has a hard time with bms we have to keep a food diary n give a daily dose of miralax sometimes miralax is to harsh n we switch to pedia lax the peds gi speacialist told me to use a saline or magnessium laxitive anything else would be to harsh
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 4:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

• My dd has weak intestins n has a hard time with bms we have to keep a food diary n give a daily dose of miralax sometimes miralax is to harsh n we switch to pedia lax the peds gi speacialist told me to use a saline or magnessium laxitive anything else would be to harsh
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 4:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2010