Its been 9 yrs and I still miss my dad so much,,,those of you that have lost a parent,,how do you cope?

I was listening to a radio show a little while ago. The host had his very famous dad on the show. His dad had a long history of being a comic on tv. My family and I used to watch the show he was on,,sitting in the living room surronding the tv and watching this very funny show. I miss my dad tonight, I always miss my dad,,,but I wish I could see him again and talk to him again,,,he was such an amazing man! How do you cope if you have lost a parent that you loved sooo much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't have any great advice. I am sorry D:

I will say that I miss my grandma so often. She is in a nursing home, with alzhiemers and doesn't remember any of us anymore. I don't live near her and am scared to go see her, because I know she won't know me and I know it will hurt. I miss her everyday. I love her so much and I am greatly saddened that the end of her life is the way it is. She deserves better, she was an amazing woman and I learned so much from her.

I deal with my saddness by talking about her to my mom and sister. I tell my kids about her and all of the funny stories I have about her. I keep her memory alive in me.

Big Hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I just think of the good time, try not to dwell too much on it and just know that they are in a better place.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• My mom died in a car accident 14 years ago. There are moments that trigger a memory of her. I sometimes have to laugh or smile at the thought of her. I can still picture her smiling at me.Occasionally I do feel sad for what could have been had she been her to see my kids and watch me become an adult.
    I would just treasure the memories you have of him. It is what keeps you connected to him. You will always wish he was here but you can smile for thought of him.
    Anonymous

• My dad died of a heart attack when I was 15. I cope by remembering that death is a natural part of life, that it is a miracle, just like birth is, and I remember all the awesome things he taught me. His death also made my relationship with my husband possible, and made me a stronger person. I remember that everything happens for a reason.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• i lost my dad at 12 to cancer. im 21 now and i still miss him like crazy every single day! nothing you can do will change the way you feel. time helps but sometimes there are just those little things that remind you so much of them. i'm so sorry for your loss. (((BIG HUG)))
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I've got no great answer. My mom died 4 days after my 19th birthday, that was almost 30 years ago, and I miss her as much now as I did then, maybe even more. I wish she could have seen me grow up, see what I did with my life, see the four grandkids I gave her, see the 5 great grandkids she would have. But that won't ever happen and I simply deal with it. Life goes on. I didn't know my dad either, ever. I finally found him two years ago but he lives in Canada and is sick so we only got to see each other once, even though we email a lot. Some days I miss my mom more than others, but she is always there in the back of my mind. I talk to her regularly and it makes me feel better. When I found my dad I talked out loud to her and shared my joy. That's all you can do.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2010