Race is still an issue? ....umm, YES

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100418/ap_on_re_us/us_white_supremacists_los_angeles

LOS ANGELES – A white supremacist group rallied against illegal immigration in downtown Los Angeles Saturday as hundreds of counter-protesters gathered to shout them down in a tense standoff that included several arrests, thrown rocks and police in riot gear.

Police officers stood between the white supremacists and counter-demonstrators on the south lawn of Los Angeles' City Hall, where about 50 members of the National Socialist Movement waved American flags and swastika banners for about an hour.

Five people, all of them counter-protesters, were arrested for throwing items, police said.
The white supremacists, many of them wearing flack helmets and black military fatigue uniforms, shouted "Sieg Heil" before each of their speakers took the podium to taunt counter-protesters with racial, anti-Semitic and misogynistic epithets.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We will meet you head on," one of the white supremacists, whose name could not be made out over the fuzzy public address system, warned the crowd from behind several phalanxes of police in riot gear.

Members of the Detroit-based group said they picked the location for their rally because of Los Angeles' large immigrant population. They accused some of the immigrants of stealing jobs and committing crimes.

Group members also said they were reacting to the recent number of street marches across the country encouraging legislators to enact reform that includes amnesty for some illegal immigrants.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Most definitely but I think through things like this its becoming clear to people. A lot of people who aren't discriminated against or having to deal with racism thought it was long gone or just made up. But...there's the proof.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Ok...what's your question? lol...it doesn't take an idiot to know racism still exists.
    Anonymous

Spread the word to the conservative mommies that deny it existsgood

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Its true anon. I've had discussions with too many people that don't believe it exists and that is truly ignorant.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Take a trip to the Illegal Immigrant post....About the sherriff talling people to kill them before they kill you....O they say it doesn NOT exist....

Well, here's IN YOUR FACE proof and that statement by the sherriff is a subtle reference to it

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I think when people are not exposed to it they don't realize how bad it is in some parts of the country. I knew we had some race issues in our city in a more general sense. Like maybe not hiring someone, or crossing to the other side of the street. But then I went to a town in Tennessee were it is actually segregated. If you go to the store you go to the checker that is the same race as you or they will not check you out. It was an eye opener, I didn't know places like this existed. And because we are a mixed family we couldn't get served anywhere.

Anonymous

• Well, here's IN YOUR FACE proof and that statement by the sherriff is a subtle reference to it

No, sweet. That statement by the sheriff was to PROTECT the PEOPLE who live in his county, the ones who elected him, the ones he is sworn to protect. There is a situation there that is extremely dangerous to the people living there. There is a huge difference between racism v white supremacy and illegal immigration, We conservatives know that there are white supremacists out there. That does not mean that we agree with them.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Go to my state and it is clear as day that racism does still exist! I am disgusted with people in my own family to the point I have cut off all contact with them. I will not subject my son to hearing racist j/k's about our current president or any other people who are not white. We teach tolerance in our household!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Yes people are still racist..but i have no symphony for illegal immigrants
    Anonymous