Would it bother you to sleep in the same bed as he did with his ex?

I hear it a lot, like okay men single again hooking up or dating etc. but when girls actually get in a relationship with them - long term or move in. They get rid of the bed, if it was scared with an ex wife etc. Why is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• yeah it would bother me. The bed is sacred lol It's like, would you want the engagement ring he gave his ex? Hell no! lol
    Anonymous

• Yeah,,couldnt sleep on her DNA,,,thats just nasty wrong
    Anonymous

• Well, do you get rid of your bed every time you find someone new? Probably not. So why should a guy? Yeah, change the sheets but I'm not going to ask someone to get rid of his bed because I'm insecure.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• No, it wouldn't bother me. I might think about it sometimes, wonder what they shared there, but I woudln't be uncomfortable... I'm the one in there with him now :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• just change the damn sheets. I dont see why anyone would have a problem. It would get way to expensive to change beds/matresses everytime you get a new girlfriend. Bed sheets is way different then an engagement ring.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Honestly, yes but not enough to come right out and suggest he got a new bed. To me, sharing a bed with someone is something special. It's where you sleep together, make love, fight, cuddle, talk. I think it is a reminder of a shared life. A life you don't want shared with anyone but you now. I can see where it could be a sore spot for a woman.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• LOL...Good answer Ati 13 and that is true SaraP1989.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• i guess it depends on how long they were together, and how long we've been together. if they were together for 15 yrs and bought the bed together, then of course i would want a new bed. if his last girl was 3 months then no it wouldnt matter.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• My DH had just split with his ex, so he didn't have any other women he'd slept with. With us it was a negative energy thing, so yes, we did not only get a new bed...but cleansed the bedroom and also the rest of the place to rid it of any residue from the fights they use to get into. They had gotten married because she got knocked up, tried to make it work...but it didn't. They wouldn't have gotten married except he was going active duty army.

I was the one that paid for the bed too, I'd just sold my house so cash wasn't an issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Agree with SaraP1989.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2010