Did I over react or do I have a right to be a little angry with my ex?

My son is 15 and visits his dad every other weekend. I called today to say hello and ask him if his step bro liked his shirt we had gotten him on our recent vacation to St Louis, MO. His stepmom answered the phone and told me that he was at a local hill climbing spot in our area. I practically lived there as a kid and have personally seen many critical injuries and deaths. I was told that his dad had to go and sign a waiver to allow a minor to

climaxmom

Asked by climaxmom at 11:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes and go get your son. His dad is being irresponsible.
    Anonymous

• yes you should have been consulted. if this is a custody agreement, i would bring it up to the court, if its just a nice agreement between the 2 of you, i would not so nicely bring it up to him that this is irresponsible parenting, and if he wants to continue visits, then he needs to think like a parent.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• Yeah, that would have been scary.
    Anonymous

• If you have custody then he can't legally sign consent. Go get your son. If he isn't paying support, do whatever it takes to get that taken care of.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I think he needs to start paying you some child support to begin with and yes you should have definitely been consulted.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• If you can't trust his father to make parenting decisions then you need to reconsider whether he should be allowed to visit him at all. I think you are over reacting. It doesn't surprise me that he's your ex if you don't allow him to have a hand in raising his child. He is there and is aware of the danger he should be allowed to make the call. Sounds like you are just mad because he didn't do it like you would have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I would have been peeved also, but I don't think I would have made a big deal about it.

Do you ask his permission before every choice you make? I get that you have full custody but he is the dad and that should give him a few rights also. I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in what the papers say that we forget that it took to to make the child.

While not paying child support has nothing to do with visitation I would be on that like white on rice. He needs to pay.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Pray! My son walked his dads pitbull up a hill and the snake was bit by a snake, I told my son God protected him and the dog took the bit. I would be angry too. Let him know your concern.
    Anonymous

• Opps sorry I mean the dog was bit by the snake and died the same day. My son had to carry the dog back home. Sometimes men don't have good judgement like us moms and vise versa.
    Anonymous

Anonymous