Missing a period after breastfeeding stops

I stopped breastfeeding my son and then a month after I had a period. Now, when it's time for my second period to come around it hasn't. I am now 5 days late and before having a baby my period was always every 29-31 days. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. It's possible I may have conceived a baby about two weeks ago though.

Have any of you had your cycle start back up to only go away again for awhile? I plan on taking another pregnancy test in a few weeks if I still don't show any signs of having a period next month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its possible, but your body may still be regulating. make a dr apt just in case.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• your body is probably still regulating. my son weaned 9 months ago and mine are still not consistant. a few days early, a few days late, some shorter than others. before my youngest was born it was every 28 days like clockwork.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:46 AM on Apr. 18, 2010