How to gain my best friend back after losing her (my fault)

So my best friend gave me some money to go pay her bills and I used it to pay for some of mine because I couldn't push it back. I figured I'd give it back 2 days later when I'd get paid but I didn't tell her. Anyway, I didn't get the money I expected so I couldn't give it back and I didn't tell her that either. I let her believe her bills had been paid. So she found out the truth, NOT from me and, of course, she's really mad and said she never wants to speak to me again. She's my best friend and I know it was all my fault but how do I get her to trust me again? She's been like my big sister ALWAYS and, basically, she's been there for me more than I've been there for her. I guess you really appreciate someone when you lose them. But I need my best friend back and I have regreted.. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, she's probably going to still want her money back. If you can't pay it in a lump sum make payments to her. If you want her back you have to make it right. Even if she doesn't want to be friends with you you should still give her the money for it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• So you basically betrayed someone that is like family to you? I don't know if I'd ever be able to trust you ever again.
    But you could start by putting her before yourself...meaning pay her bills and pay her back even if it means you don't eat until your next check.
    Anonymous

• OP here

I did pay her back but that's not even the point for her. I wish I had asked for the money before I took it or at least told the truth when I got in trouble. And so does she.
    Anonymous

• Pay her back with an apology.

...and say, "I will never borrow money from you again, because no amount of money is worth our friendship."

Then, give her time.
    Anonymous

• if you were my friend i wouldnt want you back
    Anonymous

• I would make sure that you two are square with the money. Pay her back, even if you make her payments. See where it goes from there. Apologize sincerely. If she still doesn't want to be friends, you may just have to repsect her wishes and leave it at that. If that is what she wants, then be a good friend and give it to her.

You hurt the relationship and you might have to let it go. Just because you need her doesn't make her need you. If she asks you to leave her alone then respect that and give it to her. You owe her that much. I would however, leave it open ended. Tell her you will be here if and when she is ready to be friends again. Send her a card or letter now and again to let her know how you feel.

Best of luck to you.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• I don't think I would ever be able to forgive you, but then again, I don't give second chances very easily. Give her some space to think it over to herself and don't push her. It's good that you paid her back.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 11:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• You have to make sure that you pay her back. I'm not sure if you've been able to do that yet but that is the first step to making things right. The best thing to do is to sit down with her and talk about it. You obviously know that you did something wrong and it seems to me like you truely regret it. You need to show her that you regret it and show her that you know it was wrong. Most people who have been wronged by someone they love just want to see that the person knows that they made a mistake and that they are sorry for it and that they are going to make it right and not do it again. Tell her your problems but don't make it an excuse because there really is no excuse for how you acted. You acted stupidly...and you know that. She obviously trusted you very much to give you money to go and pay her bills so I am thinking you were very close and I'm sure shes hurting now too. 1st talk then prove yourself with actions
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:00 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• This goes so much deeper then getting the friend back. You need to stand up and take responsibility for YOUR actions. You need to first figure out how you are going to pay this person back...she is not a bank,,or someone you can use and get back as a bff,,,you took advantage of this friend and its you that has to make it right...Start with the cash and go from there...geez hon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• OP HERE!!

I HAVE PAID HER BACK ALREADY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2010