Litigatin Mattering

When do you do when you're the Domestic Violence Victim with a Protection Order and are being Re-victimized by the Abuser's Law Firm with litigation battering????

I need help in Colorado!

I have a Permanent Protection Order from the Father of my daughter. He has other female victims that also have Protection Orders against him. I am also am involved in a massive custody case with him and have been trying to protect my daughter from him since 1999.

Due to his own mental illness and criminal history he cannot have contact with our daughter.....however his family continues to keep me in court which is a financial and emotional drain. I have had hundreds of court dates over the last 11 years including all the criminal domestic violence cases and custody and visitation proceedings. I’m exhausted from preparation and being in Court ALL the time.

If there is anything you want to help, Please let me know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Need more info...are they pulling you back into court for him to have a reevaluation of his case? Or are they just continuing b/c nothing has been completely settled yet? What exactly are they bringing you to court for? I know the reasoning but is it because he keeps bringing up something new or is this just an ongoing thing b/c there has been no outcome in previous court dates?
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• OP, is your child 11? You may want to check with your attorney, but at a certain age she can decide for herself if she wants to see him, and the court has to listen to her. It changes from state to state, but you may want to check with your lawyer.
    Anonymous

• Is there no way you can turn the tables on these people? Get them for slander or libel, maybe even frivilous lawsuits? If you have a lawyer, maybe you need a new one. You don't say what they are dragging you to court for so I really don't know what else to say. I hope you get it worked out though
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2010