My daughter was kept after school today for a very stupid reason...

She was sick all week so I wrote a note to get her out of swimming for a week. She got it to the teacher yesterday but remembered to give it to her after lunchtime. She accidently spilt a little water on it just where my signature was and the teacher gave her detention because she didn't know if I really wrote the note as she couldn't make out the signature.. My daughter is in first grade!!!!! Would she really write a note to get herself out of swimming?? Plus, my daughter's typing is childish!! I'm really frustrated, am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• why didnt they just call you? thats dumb.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Until I read that she was inFirst grade, I was gonna say it wasn't dumb...then, after seeing her age, I don't get it. It is dumb.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:29 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I would be mad. The teacher could have easily called you and asked.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Your Daughter has school on Saturday?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I think it was for yesterday. I don't understand why the school didn't call you. I think that they are way too control happy. I think at first grade, her thinking forgery raises a red flag to me. Why is she thinking the worst of a 6 year old?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• The poster said yesterday. I would be mad too. You should talk to the teacher on Monday. She's only six!!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 12:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I had a teacher like that. I hate teachers like that.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:44 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• thats so stupid >.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Sounds like my sons teacher. She seems to think that just because he is on medication, he is the "problem" child of her class and I am going to buy into her opinions of him. I don't like her and I can't wait for this school year to be over. I would be calling on Monday and talking to the principal.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Typing? LOL... That's dumb. Well, my first grader signed my initials to get a prize for reading everyday when she didn't. Her teacher caught her. It was soooo embarrassing.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 1:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2010