DH and I are debating on waiting

My DH and I are debating on rather to wait to take a pregnancy test until I am a month late. I have never gotten a positive until I was about 13 weeks pregnant. Well I am a week and two days late for my period. I have not felt any pms sysmtoms. Plus my late two periods have only been two to three days they are four days long and I have really bad cramps but I am more tired and moody. I am running a temp of anywhere from 99 to 101. I did this when I was pregnant with my daughter. Do you think we should wait or should we try to test to see if we get a positive? Please no bashing. I do not like people bashing. I see alot of that on here and it just makes me mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• take one. and if it says no wait and take one in like a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• If you are pregnant the test should be positive. One reason for a false negative is if your urine is too diluted. To have more concentrated urine, stop drinking early in the evening and then take the test first thing in the morning before you drink anything. Of course a blood pregnancy test is almost 100% accurate.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:40 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I can never wait. I probably took about 30 pregnancy tests before my first. Only the last one was positive. I only took one with my second. I was afraid to find out. I wanted a second baby but not right then. My idea is to get it over with, you could use your time to focus on other things than to wonder about mysteries.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:41 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• i couldn't wait.. i took so many... so many FALSE NEGATIVES >.< buhh.. anyways i'd get a blood test.. if your concerned.. just so you know and so your taking the precautions
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I would buy the pregnancy test that includes two sticks. Take it first thing in the morning when you wake up like it says on the directions (most women don't do this I'm guilty of it myself!) Then if it is negative wait until you have missed another period before you take the second one. HCG levels are highest in the mornings so if you take it first thing in the am you are more likely to get a positive reading if you are early in your pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2010