I'm 14 weeks pregnant, and when I poop, there's blood on the tissue paper, why?

I really don't think its hemmoriods, since I had them with DD, and it never lasted this long. This has been going on every day, every BM for 2 weeks, and I'm starting to get concerned. It dosen't hurt. Which is the weird part. Were calling the docs in the morning, but I wanted you ladies opinions as well! :)

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 12:56 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As long the blood is associated only with bm's, is bright red (as opposed to black and tarry- would indicate upper GI bleed) and is definately coming from the rectal area, I would say that you have hemmorhoid. It could be an internal one and that is why it does not hurt and can't be seen or felt externally.. If there is any chance it could be coming from your vagina (bleeding caused by bearing down to pass stool), you need to be examined by a physician and probably have an ultrasound done.
    lori57703

Answer by lori57703 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My first thought was hemorrhoids.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Hemmoriods probably they can be different with each pregnancy. If it is just a drop or two of bright red blood I bet that is the answer. If it is dark or black blood it could be a more serious issue because that is old blood and happening inside your intestines but bright red smears are usually nothing serious. Of course go into the doctor and see what they say but without pain and just a bit I would say its prob nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• It's normal. Trust me. It happened to me early in the pregnancy and it was just from pushing too hard. Your uterus and anus are sensative.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I was thinking that but I thought it didn't matter where they were located, and that they'd always hurt. Shows you how much I know! lol
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 1:03 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I got a fistula during my second pg which is a tear have you dr check it to be sure.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2010