Are you afraid of death?

I am firmly seated in my faith. But, I am afraid of death. I KNOW that I will see G-d when I depart Earth. Perhaps it is because I have seen too much of it in my life time? I get myself all worked up at bed time and end up taking some happy pills. I am interested in any thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not afraid of death, I embrace it and look foward to meeing God
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I am not afraid. Not even a little. I know where I'm going, I just don't want it to hurt. Other than that, the Bible is clear about death and the process. And the sooner you come to terms with it, the better. It's inevitable.................we all die. Most are afraid, it's unknown. But God has been very clear about it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I'm not afraid of death, I am afraid of getting dead. Dying to me isn't scary. But I wouldn't want to be someone who suffers a lot first, you know?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:01 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I'm not afraid, but I just hope that I get to have a long life to spend here with my loved ones. On the other hand, it will be nice to be with my loved ones who have died.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Also, if you live your life with no regret, proud of yourself and fulfilling your dreams, death won't be such a disappointment. Live your life while you're alive..........worry about death when you're dead (you'll have plenty of time)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• nope

But hopefully I'll be reincarnated as something better next time around!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I used to be very afraid of dying, then I found my faith and I feel a lot better about it now. Every now and then my heart will skip a beat and sink to my stomach when I think about the "what if I wasn't here to see my kids grow up" and even leaving my husband here alone to raise the kids. That's the only part that bothers me. I too of course wish for a painless quick death when the time does come. I would almost rather know when it's coming too, it's scary to think you could get into the car and just be driving along, then bam, you don't even know anything happened but you're dead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• My pastor has been addressing this issue over the past few weeks. He calls it,,,"Beyond the grave" It is a fact that we are all going to die someday,,,that is a fact. So many people have died before us, and we cannot ask them about death,,because,,they are dead and they cannot talk with us in the after life. But isnt it amazing that there is an aftelife? A heaven virsus a hell? My pastor explained heaven to me,,like I have never heard it before,,,no pain,,no sadness. Heaven is a good place that we continue to do good in. We get to be reunited with loved ones that went before ;us, we are with God and continue to do Gods work,,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Nope its a part of life
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I am QUITE afraid. I have done so many HORRIBLE things in my past. About a year ago I went through something I pray NO ONE ever has to go through. Right before christmas I started having these crazy nightmares. Restlessness, unable to eat, crying and feeling so much pain. I went to the hospital several times but they could not find a reason as to why I felt that way.
    I called my mom and she told me its GUILT. From all the evil I had done to others. I brushed it off as my crazy mom being...crazy. But the days went on and on and it got worse and worse. I locked myself in the closet and my mom came and took my kids for awhile. Dh was away. Imagine being balled in the fetal position on the floor of your closet feeling SO much PAIN. In your head... in you body. Eventually I started to pray, ask for forgivness, I called just about everyone I knew and apologized for anything I had said or done that was wrong towards them. CONTD
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2010