So I guess no matter what you still get bashed for being a SAHM

I asked a question a while ago ( and yes I did end up deleteing it) ....about my husband not wanting me to buy something ( it was something he didnt think we needed) ...and I also mentioned about being a SAHM.

I didnt get one positive comment or even anyone answering my actual question but I did get SEVERAL replies. Most of them said things like " Well maybe you should get a job and buy it yourself" and " Maybe I should get a job and let my husband buy things I dont like" and then of course there was also one asking about being on welfare and if they are "buying it for me" ...plus a few other rude things.

It makes me mad, because obviosuly all they are doing is judging without even knowing anything about me ..otherwise they would know it was "MY" money that was left to me from family members and yes I am a SAHM, but my husband is also a SAHD

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hugs!!!!! I must have missed the question.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• So, no one in your family actually works for a living?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I think they're just jealous that you get to be a SAHM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• If a woman is a SAHM the money her husband makes is just as much her money. Her taking care of his children is allowing him to work.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Anon:06 ..no not anymore, we dont "have" to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Besides, they could NEVER afford to PAY you to be a SAHM! So pfft!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Please do not waste your time looking for universal popularity. Someone will always have something rude and negative about what you are doing. Be confident in your decisions and live a happy life.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:11 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• THAT is awesome. And you know what, kudos to you for being careful. There are many stories of millionaires who lose their money due to spending unwisely. I would broach the subject with dh again and see if it is a necessary purchase or just a luxury. Luxuries are ok when planned for. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• That is messed up. Your damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:12 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• I didnt see the question, but you shouldnt be bashed for wanting to buy something simply because your a SAHM. There are women who get their panties in a wad about SAHM's I dont know why and really dont care. its your life you live it how you feel is best for you and your family. If its your money and you have agreed that you both make decisions about how its used then just keep the discussion open with your DH about it, maybe right now is not the right time to get it or maybe he doesnt yet see the reasons you want it but in time he will if you talk to him about it more.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:13 AM on Apr. 18, 2010