5 year old sex play

So my son is 5 and is very interested in the body. when he was 3 he and his cousin were comparing their penis and vagina (just looking, btw) and having a converstaion about why boys have penis' and girls vagina's... and a little while ago he had a friend of his talk about "sucking a penis" and this has opened a can of worms. He wants to know why his friend would suck a penis, if my hubby and I have sex and suck penis's, and he wants to compare his penis to all his friends. I am open with body's and stuff. I understand comparision, touching, looking ect is normal for his age. but the suckin on penis's is a big issue, he has a ton of questions about it. I am not about to sweep it under the rug, but I was wondering how you would explain this to your child? I was thinking of telling him about babies and the biological function of body parts so he understands this way. and he already knows daddy puts the baby in the tummy, fyi.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd ask my pediatrician for recommendations here.... or a child psych. So that you best explain it in a way that is not harmful, a way that he'll understand without asking 100 more questions. This seems way too deep for a 5 year old. I agree with you on not avoiding the topic.

Just be careful of how you explain this. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Personally I would be very concerned for the child who told your son about that in the first place! I am going to assume the "friend ' is the same age and as such really should not even know about that ...unless he is being exposed to it!! Please tell your local Child protection services you suspect that this child is being sexually abused! IT IS NOT NORMAL FOR A 5 YEAR OLD TO KNOW ABOUT THAT ASPECT OF SEX!!
    As for explaining to your own son, I have to agree that that topic is far to advanced for his age group. Tell him it shouldn't happen and that might be a good lead into the conversation about why our " privates" are PRIVATE!!
    Anonymous

• Anon 5:22, the child probably isn't being abused, he probably walked in on Mommy giving Daddy a blowjob.
    Anonymous