What to do when SO doesnt suppport you??... Please read..Please no bashing

I have 4 children and my dh works away from home. He comes home every 2 months for 1 week and then he leaves again. We have no family living near us, because SO said it was better to move out to this area for his job (job before the one he has now) and for the kids.
When he does come home its like he doesnt even want to be here. He vegs out on the couch the moment he walks through the door and pretty much tunes everyone out. No going out with the family and doing family oriented things.
When he's working he'll call me stressing about one thing or another and I stay on the phone with him or txt him, reassuring him and giving him the positive person in his corner that he needs. HOWEVER, I am stressed too and I have alot I have to deal with. I had a bit of a breakdown tonight and instead of supporting me like I do him he tells me,"I cant deal with this right now. What do you want from me?" He does this alot. CONTD N COMMENTS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I know their will be some moms on here that will think your "crazy" but i do understand that what your going through is real and it is serious. You need to stop "your world" and go into the hospital for a 72 hour evaluation. Your SO's job should release him for a family emergency, most employers do do that.
    I know it seems impossable to do this but it can be done and should be done, Contact family and ask someone to help you. Your SO doesn't care and he needs to be put in a position where he NEEDS to care.
    !7 yrs ago I had a nervous breakdown because i had 2 kids and was all alone, so after i called 911, The police got a neighbor to take the kids and after that my kids' dad who never really was intersted before HAD TO care for his kids..it all worked out and I had my 72 hour evaluation, they let me go and with some meds., everything was fine...you need to shake things up before something bad happens...good luck..(HUGS)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Everytime I call him to vent and talk to him (because he says,"I'm your best friend you can turn to me with anything.") he plays the "What I go through is worse than what your going through" game. I HATE that. All I want to a sympathtic ear and the comforting words of my SO but he just says, If you think what you did was hard I..... or, You think your tired I've had to.....
    It bothers me SOOOOO much because he knows that I am going round and round with my doc about my "voices".I'm being evaluated in 2 weeks. I hear them and they tell me HORRIBLE things. I told him they have told me to burn the house down with everyone (the kids and I) in it and while the house burn, I should curl up into my bed and go to sleep. He was home once and I pointed his own gun at him because "they" told me too.
    Knowing that, knowing that I am losing it slowly but surely, why would you dimiss me? Why wont he be there for me?
    What do I do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• Admit yourself for a psychiatric hospitalization. Have family come take care of the kids or have them go into foster care.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:32 AM on Apr. 18, 2010

• OMG yes, you need serious psychological help. It is not okay to be thinking those kinds of thoughts about harming yourself and your family. You need intervention now to determine cause of voices and treatment. Don't delude yourself- you could kill your children! You also need help in the sense of people to help you with daily stresses. You need to find a way to move near supportive family members.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:15 AM on Apr. 18, 2010